Sunday, March 24, 2013

Pain and God; how they connect

I was burdened by the concept of loss last night; people killing people.
I asked the holy spirit to teach me how to pray.
"Dear.. God.. " With an overwhelmed heart, I cried tremendously until 2:00am.
Sometimes words fail, and tears are the only expression left. 
The Lord reveals his heart briefly so that we can have a type of compassion that spurs us to pray more, seek his face more, wrestle with questions, and allow ourselves to be touched by him. When this happens, our bodies respond in a way that we don't always understand. The presence of God is something so unexplainable, but I want more of it. Every day, I want it more.

My husband reminded me that one day, God "will settle the disputes between people. People will beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore" -Isaiah 2:4. I look forward to that day.

3 comments:

  1. I look forward to that day, too, girlfriend. Been yearning for heaven this week! In a non-morbid sort of way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so nice to know that even on days (or weeks) like these, God is still faithful. And he still has work for us. So even though that day will come, we are honored with the responsibility to wait and show his love to those who can't see it or haven't heard it. What a weight, but the best kind to carry. Thanks for your words, Steph!

      Much love,
      Katie

      Delete
  2. Hi Katie! I found your blog through 'She Smiles, She Writes'.

    I know all too well what it is like to get hurt so immensely. I never wished any harm back on the person, but the Lord spoke directly to me through a visiting pastor a few weeks ago and told me that He will cut them off from me. What a relief that was to hear that although I had to endure such hurt, the Lord saw and will reconcile me. I love Him more each day. :-)

    ReplyDelete