Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Great Uncle Wally. You are missed.

Uncle Wally
1/12/1920 - 4/26/2013

Photo taken from the Seattle Times several years back.
-Pearl Harbor veteran.
-Stationed on the USCGC Taney (currently the last ship still afloat that fought back at Pearl Harbor).
-The words "Praise the Lord" were always on his lips.
-Loved to serve, care, and give out candy bars.
-A strong father figure to my dad. 

Top two favorites about this man:
-This man taught me how to pray passionately and earnestly.
-When I was four, he took grilled onions off his plate and placed them on mine. He looked at me, "I never liked onions anyway," and then went back to eating.

 I managed not to cry at the service on Friday.
But yesterday, when Zach and I saw his casket rolled by military men, it was over for us both.  

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry for your loss. He sounds like an amazing man. Love the onion story.

    Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete