1. Go ahead, eat as many ice cream cones as you want. We'll all be dead soon anyway.
2. Punch the fear of whatever in the face. The fear of speaking up, the fear of not being smart enough, just ... just punch it.
3. Give more than you think you have. I promise you everything will be
just fine if you skip your Starbucks for a day and give triple the
amount to someone else.
4. That said, talk to people on the
streets. Instead of ignoring them, introduce yourself and take them out
to eat. Learn their story. Have a conversation with them. Tell them that they matter.
5. Cut the small talk. Nobody cares about a beautiful day (just kidding, I love weather talks). But really, people are people. People are valuable. People need to be loved more than they need to hear about the current condition of the sky.
6. Be genuine. When you ask someone how they are doing while passing them, stop walking. Talk face to face, not face to back-of-head.
7. When in doubt, drink tea and talk to Jesus. It's simple. You may look like a fool, but I promise you, you are heard.
8. Never underestimate the power of lipstick. It makes any day better.