Sunday, March 13, 2011

A Prayer Request

About Haiti.

Good afternoon! I need some help here.  
I've been given an opportunity to go back to Haiti this summer, but I'm not sure if God wants me to go. And I certainly don't want to go for the wrong reasons. 
The verdict? If I go to Haiti, I will go straight to university in the Fall and care less about getting my associates degree. 
If I don't go to Haiti, I can finish up my college work this summer and have two full years of college under my belt (through community college). 
If Haiti is the final decision, I need to get the money in by March 15th. 
If education is the final decision, I need to sign up for another class ASAP (so that I'll only have 15 credits [3 classes] to take in the summer).
Please pray if you think about it! Thank you so much!   

4 comments:

  1. That's a hard dessision. I'll pray for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie,

    "'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'" Jeremiah 29:11

    This verse has helped me get through a lot of problems I've had to go through. It still bewilders me to think... sorry, to KNOW that there is someone out there who knows all about our future! God has plans for you, Katie! He has plans for everyone! Isn't that amazing news! The greatest part of this news is that His plans for us, are ones to give us hope and a future! He's got the blueprints! WHOOP-WHOOP!

    It's always hard for me to make the right choice, I'm always like, "Oh when I grow up I want to be a Disney Animator, well I also want to be an author, and an interior designer. Augh! Which one do I chose?"

    It's really hard! But I know God will get us through all of our "well on this hand i could do this, on the other i could do this".... He will! By praying and reading His Word and just down-right praising Him, we will have a decision by no time!

    I will be praying for you Katie, that a glimpse of God's plan will pop into your head and you will then know what your choice is. Sending prayers your way, Katie!

    your forever friend,

    *Allie*

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, that was a long comment! Sorry!
    *Allie*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Chelsea, and thank you Allie! Don't be sorry about the long comment, I appreciate your thoughts about the subject, and I am very grateful for your prayers! Thank you!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete