Sunday, January 5, 2014

Surrender

Six months ago, my husband and I started planning our four-month trip to Thailand. 
Three months ago, we scheduled our move-out date as December 20th, 2013.
With one week left until our move, we heard about political chaos occurring in Thailand; the trip cancelled because our destination was/is entirely too unstable and dangerous for the work we were planning on doing (I'd be teaching, he'd be mentored/taught by a man he looks up to). 

On December 19th, stress took over. We registered for the classes we need (instead of traveling), and everything aligned perfectly. Still, we didn't have a place close to school to live. I stayed up late searching for apartments in Seattle in hopes of assembling a "Plan B."

It was 2:00am.
"Do you trust me?" The Lord asked.
"I do."
"Then go to sleep."
I slept. The next morning three housing opportunities opened up.
We took the second. So much peace, peace, peace; we couldn't be happier about it.
   
All this to say that we're learning what it means to surrender.
To surrender what we think is best, only to realize somehting better.
To find that the Lord likes to stir things up, as if to say,
"Um, hello, I've got you. Didn't you know?"

Jehovah Jireh: The Lord will provide.

5 comments:

  1. Hmm. I so needed to hear this. Thank you!

    It's so hard to Let Go and Let God. UGH. I have been struggling with this a lot recently with uncertainty about future plans. This was a wonderful reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh friend, I understand where you're at. There's no greater peace than knowing that God has it covered. Praying for you during this time of transition!

    "For this reason I say to you, do not be worried about your life, as to what you will eat or what you will drink; nor for your body, as to what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? "Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they? "And who of you by being worried can add a single hour to his life?" (Matthew 6:25-27)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so hard to remember to just let God handle it because we easily get wrapped up in trying to plan everything cause we are worried about what could go wrong or is going wrong. Love this. Such proof that the Lord provides.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so awesome to read. Thank you for sharing this! I will be praying for you as God molds and shapes the plans he has for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome, awesome, awesome. The Jesus DOES provide. I love how he's so practical, and personal. "Do you trust me?... Then go to sleep." He wants our practical living, not just our heads. I needed this... thanks so much for sharing =)

    ReplyDelete